Monday 30 October 2017

Pumpkin Carving

Heyo!

I am once again absolutely shattered, and really feeling the effects of the weekend, which included alcohol, good times, and a screening of the latest Thor film which is very good go and see it!

I decided today would be the best day to carve my very first pumpkin, and I know how I sound saying that. I've literally never been able to do it before, so I thought this year would be the time to go and do it all by myself, and I think I did a pretty good job!



I wanted to make my first pumpkin a good one, and I did it with a big serrated knife, a smaller sharp knife, and a marker to plan out the pattern of it all. I went for Totoro, and I feel I really captured his happy essence. Also, pumpkins are traditionally done to keep the bad spirits at bay, and Totoro as a spirit himself and a natural protector in the film he would be perfect to protect me from anything bad!

So here he is! i felt it was a very good first attempt, and he was lovingly photographed by my great housemate E-J, who has been a true saviour this Blogtober with picture help! I hope you like him as much as I do because he's hella cute!

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment