Friday 13 October 2017

Halloween Films

Heyo!

Seeing as it's Friday the 13th, I thought it would be nice to share with you guys some of my favourite Halloween films perfect to set the tone for the month and get you excited for the spookin' season! I could recommend so many film to you all, so I think I might do another post about these later on in the month if I have time, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Here's some films that I really love watching this time of year, maybe you've already seen them, maybe you've not, maybe you should!


The Addams Family

I feel like everyone has probably seen this film, but if you haven't then you really should! I really love this film, it follow the lives of the Addams family (hence the title), and they're not like any family you've ever seen before. They're a very strange yet lovable family, and the plot centres around Gomez Addams' 'brother' called Fester, who appears out of nowhere and tried to swindle the family out of their fortune. The film is really good, and really puts me in the mood for Halloween as it isn't scary, but it reminds me of wholesome Halloweens when I was younger. It's a nice simple watch and it's really enjoyable,  but don't watch it if you want to be scared, but it'll get you in a spooky mood for sure.

Ghostbusters

Again, another classic Halloween film and one that doesn't really need much of an introduction. The film is all about catching ghosts that are causing havoc all over the city, and it falls to a small team called the Ghostbusters. It's iconic, and the soundtrack to the film is glorious. I am referring to the original here because I didn't really like the remake, and i didn't think it needed to be re-made at all and I also don't think it needed a sequel (unpopular opinions but hey ho!) I love the original because it's such a simple concept and makes me feel ready for the season, and I find myself singing along, what's not to love?

The Shining

This is a classic from the brilliant Stanley Kubrick based off of Stephen King's novel of the same title. The film follows Jack who gets a job at the Outlook Hotel, and takes his wife Wendy and son Danny there too. Danny keeps having psychic premonitions of future problems. The hotel turns out to be really bad for Danny's visions, and for Jack who begins to lose his sanity to a maniac that lies deep within him. We've all seen the memes, so i think we all know what happens later on, but the film seems to be another that everyone knows but not many have really seen which I think is a shame. I really enjoyed the film, and felt it was done pretty well. This thriller stays with you long after the film has ended, and I think it's a great watch for October!

The Corpse Bride

This is a film that I'm not sure how many people have actually seen, but has so many gifs around it I hope everyone loves it as much as I do! It's a typical Tim Burton style film, and anyone who knows me knows how i feel about Tim Burton films! Victor is supposed to marry Victoria in an arranged marriage, but he goes to the woods to practice and accidentally marries Emily, a corpse bride (hence title!) The film is really entertaining, and the plot thickens as Victor must find a way to get back above ground before his alive bride marries the wrong guy. The animation in the film is so beautifully done and it comforts me in a way only Burton films tend to do! It's another non-scary Halloween film, but it's got an amazing score, brilliant animation and a very good plot - a must see this Autumn if you haven't already!

*

If you haven't already seen them then go check them out, if you have, maybe go and re-watch one if you fancy it! I'll try and do another one of these as there are so many more great films out there perfect for the Halloween season!

B x


No comments:

Post a Comment