Tuesday 11 December 2018

Happy Birthday

Hi!

Today  I wanted to use another blogmas post to show another special someone how much they mean to me. Today's post is for my mum, who is 55 years young and the most wonderful woman on this planet.

My mum has dealt with so much in her life, and is the strongest, nicest, funniest and most caring and compassionate person I have ever met. She's a full time-carer to my sister Hannah who (as many of you reading this probably already know) has autism. She works so hard at making sure Hannah is living the best life possible, as well as ensuring me and my brother have always had all the attention she can give us.

This is one of only a few pictures I have of me and my Ma, ignore how awful I look and focus on how beautiful she is!

Dannie is a selfless, joyous, radiant angel sent down from the heavens and is forever helping everyone else. She never puts herself first even though for years now everyone around her has told her to try and take a break. The thing is, my mum is WonderWoman, she does it all and asks for nothing in return. 

What do you get the woman who never asks for anything, deserve the world and yet you've only got the budget to buy her something small? I settled on buying her the latest Muse CD and reminding her through the power of words how excellent she is. I spent £27,000 and three years developing the ability to write, so hopefully this works as a sort-of not-too-shit second present, right?

I wish for nothing more than to be at home with my Mum and that I could've made her the most amazing dinner (egg fried rice is her fave so that's what I'd try!) and to give her a big hug. I'm really sorry that I'm here and you're there, but here's a huge hug from me and I hope you listen to Matt Bellamy's beautiful voice and be reminded that I love you more than any of these dumb words could ever explain. You're my favourite person on this entire rock-planet-thing, and I hope one day I'm half the woman you are because oh wow you're amazing.

So happy birthday to you, you bloody hero.

*

Forever your favourite daughter 
(soz Hannah)

Beckie x

No comments:

Post a Comment