Wednesday 5 December 2018

19 Reasons Brothers Are 'Okay'

Hey!

For those of you that may not know, I have a brother. His name is Steven, but he has many other names, some of which include: Stimon, Mig, Miggy-boy and quite simply ‘Steve’. He’s the type of brother everyone should have for reasons I’m sure you’ve gathered will be in a nice little list below. Today is his 19th birthday, so this seems to work quite well for day five of Blogmas. To reiterate a statement made by Robyn when I told her of my Blogmas schedule, it is very lucky that my family were fortunate enough to be born in Blogmas, and it really is, so thanks Steven for saving my *vegan* bacon! This list is obviously more tailored as to why my particular male sibling is decent, but I feel a few extend to other brothers too.

I'm the cool kid with a Pokemon shirt, Steven is on my left with a cute little mullet and red trousers I still want
(Apologies Caitlin and Emily that I'm exposing you too but the squad looks good here xo)

*

1. They have to be your friend at some point

2. If you're a tomboy, they actually want to be your friend

3. Brothers get cooler games, and if you’re friends with them they WILL share them!

4. You have someone to play football with without other dumb boys saying dumb things

5. They've always got your back

6. They don't sugar-coat things - if they don't like something they'll tell you and they'll say WHY

7. When you both get the Yu-Gi-Oh! decks you want, you know you’ll be able to play together and take up the whole dining table doing so

8. Sisters are cool, but brothers have this effortlessly cool vibe which is infuriating but also rad

9. They will distract your parent whilst you get the snacks/treats/other items you need/want!

10. You can give them so many nicknames (apologies Mig) but they’ll reply to all of them

11. If/when you share bunk beds, they’ll let you have the top bunk because they’re lazier. This means you get to be the cool sibling you always knew you were

12. When you all have to share a birthday party with the weirdest wildest array of kids, they won't mind if you make friends with their friends in the same way most sisters do

13. They can, and will, try and out-eat you when it comes to meal times, snacks, and just general eating (it’s up to you if you let them, I would never)

14. You get to put all your resources together and utilise the stuff you have (one has Spyro, one has Crash Bandicoot, a trade deal far better than anything Theresa May could make occurs!)

15. They will wince when you say ‘bro’ seriously. So they should, it’s just wrong. Please stop.

16. They will 10/10 let it RIP (both in regards to Beyblades and wind) but will encourage you to do so as well. This will lead to weird little competitions and you might win on occasion. Go you.

17. They’ll put up with all your crap, and oh boy will you throw them a lot

18. They will not let you borrow their favourite tapes/CD’s as they know you won’t return them, but when you do get them, they’ll just ask what you thought as opposed to yelling at you. This is one of only a few instances where brothers are often better than sisters.

19. They’ll be there.

*

Honestly, I’m just so grateful that my brother tolerates me because I know I’m often a lot. I come home for a few days every couple of months and really change the routine at home and yet he's so happy to talk to me for 4 hours about something dumb, or ask me a philosophical question that ends with my ma totally baffled as to who she's raised. We love you Ma. I love you Steven.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment