Friday 14 December 2018

Finding my 'thing'

Hiya!


I make all of the things, from baby blankets, hats, scarves, face scrubbies and everything in between. I've been making them for a while now and I'm finally ready to share it all with you. Quite a few of you have already bought things from and commissioned me to make you things, and for that I am oh so grateful. But I've been really trying to narrow down my selection and start to think of Bestitched as more of a business than just a 'thing' I do from time to time.

So, I've decided that I can't do everything anymore which I know may seem strange to some of you, but certain products don't actually make any money and I find it super difficult to justify me spending so many hours on something and making little to no money in return. So, I won't be making baby blankets unless I really want to, and even then I'm going to have to start charging a lot more money for them so I get an actual wage for myself after expenses etc. I have narrowed my current list down, but I am still open to one-off and special, personalised commissions. I can make many things, but for my own sanity and so I can actually set up a shop somewhere I won't be listing them all. I hope this makes sense and doesn't sound too rambly (I've edited this twice now so hopefully it makes more sense than the first draft did!)

Laure commissioned me to make this beautiful sunny blanket for her and needless to say Millie loves it too!

With all of this in mind, I am so delighted to announce that my etsy is going live in the new year after months of hard work, research, discovering what I can and cannot yet do. I have worked so so hard at figuring out my pricing, ensuring I've got a strong and consistent product list and that I'm using the best materials possible to ensure my products are the best they can be whilst aligning with my morals. They are all made out of natural fibres, and they are made with love, care, consideration and my own two hands. I wouldn't have it any other way. I will then release the product list and a few commission slots available to order. Obviously if you don't have etsy or don't want to use this feel free to message me on my other social media accounts and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

I'm going to really be investing more time into my Instagram too. At the moment it's been rather sparse mainly because I've been so overwhelmed making things for you and all of your loved ones. I forgot to take any pictures of them, so please send me pictures of you and your loved ones for a chance to be featured on my Instagram and Etsy and to win discounts and freebies by tagging me! 

I'm going to end this post with a couple of requests, if you don't already please go and follow me on my Instagram @bestitched_, and like my Facebook page. When I do open my store if anyone who has ordered from me could write me a review (or leave one on my Facebook page if you haven't already) I would be so so grateful. I feel weird asking for more support, but the more I get the more likely it is that this 'thing' I'm doing could really become something tangible and successful, something I never thought even possible until recently.

Thank you to everyone for your undying love, support, feedback and just allowing me to discover what it is I want to do. I've taken a while to do this, but I feel like I'm finally ready to do the big scary jump into the real world of selling to everyone. I'm nervous, but so so excited.

Thank you all so so much,
Beckie.

No comments:

Post a Comment