Wednesday 16 May 2018

Bestitched

Heyo!


It's so strange to think that I haven't blogged for over a whole month now. When I look back over the last month it's really easy for me to understand why I didn't, but I am in shock as to how quickly time has flown by. I didn't intend to take a break from blogging, but I have been putting my efforts and energy into other things, and I now feel I'm in a good place to start writing on here agin - so welcome back to my little blog!

I have finally finished uni, and that's a whole different post which I am going to get working on the second I've finished with this one. So, for the last three weeks I have been sat with a group of wonderful individuals who are known as 'the pod squad' to us all, and they've kept me insane but we are all suffering with bad backs due to being hunched over laptops like crazy people!

The other main thing that I have been pouring everything into that's non-uni related has been Bestitched. Yep that's right, incase you've not heard about it enough I'm going to spend the rest of this post talking a bit about it and what it's been like for the last three months growing a small business doing something I love.

Bestitched is my small craft business, I have been mainly using Instagram to build this because it's the best way for many craft-based businesses to start out until they find their feet and start making money. So far it is going well and I've hit over 300 followers in three months which is a crazy achievement that I didn't think was possible for someone like me alongside all my uni work. I've been posting as much as possible and I've made some crafty friends and have started establishing myself based on my aims and USPs for Bestitched.

ABOUT BESTITCHED
Bestitched is a cruelty-free, vegan, and eco-conscious brand that focuses on creating products that are affordable, different and of a high quality.

From baby blankets, full-sized human blankets, earrings, bags, hats, scarves, cushions, face scrubbies and so much more Bestitched provides great quality goods and excellent customer service. Bestitched is open for commissions so please get in contact with me on any social media or on any of Bestitched's (we have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!)


So far, I have yet to release an official list of what products I am making because it is still small and I want to gauge what people would want from me as opposed to making brilliant things that will sit in my room for ages! So, if you can think of anything you feel I should be making then let me know! With regards to commissions - contact me with what you would like and I will do my very best to make it for you to an excellent standard. I will keep you in the loop with progress and if you change your mind about colours I can always adapt!

I don't just knit or crochet either! I do embroidery and have started making some patches too - I am really starting to embrace all sorts of crafts and I am so excited to share this journey into the unknown with everyone - so please follow me on social media, share my posts, comment, review, rate and show me your support.


WHY BESTITCHED?
Bestitched is something that i've wanted (and have been doing) for a while already. I love making things for people and for myself. It wasn't until several people were asking me about my Etsy store or where they could buy things that I realised this is something I should be doing. 

I didn't realise how much I wanted to work for myself until I saw some of my other friends do it for themselves. they don't do it for fame or money, they do it because they are creative, talented, driven and most importantly because they want to. Those are the same reasons I want to, so I feel very lucky to be in a position where I can try and make this work alongside my studies and getting a job. I don't mind if this is only ever a side-project or small venture, because it brings me nothing but joy.

People spend their lives regretting the things they never did, and I don't want to be sat there when I am older why I never tried this, or why I didn't try it sooner? 


HOW YOU CAN HELP
The easiest way you an help and support me on this venture is to follow me on social media and spread the word, and the beauty of it is that it doesn't cost you anything! If you were thinking of buying some cotton scrubbies, instead of going somewhere else choose me and I will make them for you! I have seen so many of my talented friends set up their own ventures for their own trades like music, photography, editing, art, prints, textiles etc. and I know it can be hard, but by spreading the word and thinking about whether you could buy it from a friend instead of a big corporate business you can make a huge difference!

*

Thank you for reading this little post all about my small little venture, and I hope you aren't bored to death of hearing about it by now! Please spread the word and think of this crafty gal when you need some yarn/craft based goods!

Thank you to everyone in my life for their undying love and support, because of this wonderful little network I already have I know I an do this, and for that I am forever grateful.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment