Sunday 28 May 2017

University Update

Heyo!

I've finally finished my exams, which means I now have around four months between now and me starting my final year of university - that's a crazy thought, and rather terrifying! I think I did really well in my exams, I was very prepared for one, and although less-prepared for the second one I still felt confident I would end up with good grades for both.

Now exams are over I feel like I can finally do all the things I've been putting off. These things consist of laundry, blog posts, secret project stuff, preparation for next year (dissertation proposals - SCARY) and doing things for fun. I have just started reading my first book for fun, and there's such a lovely feeling knowing I can just read it at my leisure, and I won't have to try and apply Foucault's What Is An Author? and question if the author is even the author anymore. I'm currently reading John Steinbeck's East of Eden and re-reading Steinbeck after GCSE I have found a new appreciation for his work. Anyone who was put off by Of Mice and Men should give this a go, it is far superior and you can't mock it like we all did with George and Lennie.


I will be reading this, and playing these, and generally having a blast!

I've also decided to start playing some of my older games again, I'm cracking out my PS2 and I want to sit down and really immerse myself in Kingdom Hearts again, I haven't actually completed it, but I have a new memory card so I'm going to see if twenty-year-old me can get further than ten-year-old me dared to venture. I have free time and I am not afraid to use it!

Now I've finished university for the year I will be back writing again at FEISTY as soon as possible, I've not written anything for a while because exams have been consuming my life, but I am very exciting to start writing again! I am also working on things for next year's modules, and I will reveal it all to you in due course, but my nearest and dearest already know and I'm so excited!

I have given my blog a little bit of a makeover - it's nothing huge, but I was playing around with the design and learnt a little bit more about coding so I've managed to make it look more how I want it to, I'm pretty pleased with the result. The small changes I have made makes it feel a bit more professional, and it is now something I am really really proud of!

Finally - a little update on my giveaway! I have decided to extend the deadline for my little giveaway, so you now have a chance to enter if you missed it!
You have until 3/6/17 to enter the giveaway, for the details click here to be taken to my last post all about it! Good luck to you all, and once again thank you for being so supportive over this last year!

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment