Saturday 10 June 2017

Summer Reading List

Heyo!

I've been packing all my things up to head back home for the summer, and I was sorting through my books and deciding what should stay and what needed to come back with me when I sat down and thought about how many books I had actually read on my uni shelf. It turns out there's only a few that I haven't read, but I want to freshen it up a bit so I'm taking a few home and bringing back new ones that I haven't read or have not read in years! I'll also have new books to study for my Literature and Evil module next year, and for my dissertation so that'll be pretty interesting too.




I've decided to write out a little reading list, which I will edit as the summer continues, to keep track of what I need to read next and to share with everyone the types of books I am interested in but also to hopefully inspire you to read some of these too! I really welcome any suggestions anyone may have for me as well if you know there's something I would love and I haven't indicated it on here! The list is rather long, but I am actually a very fast reader, once I start reading a book I only put it down to make a new cup of tea, often I'll take it to the kettle with me! Some of these are re-reads, but for the most part they are books I've actually never read or finished before! So, here's my list, it's in no particular order, just things I want to read before term starts again! 
Enjoy:


The Help - Kathryn Stockett
The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux
The Establishment - Owen Jones
List of the Lost - Morrissey
The Jungle Books - Rudyard Kipling
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Attwood
Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
The Power - Naomi Alderman
East of Eden - John Steinbeck
The Moonstone - Wilkie Collins
Night - Elie Wiesel
The Vegetarian - Han Kang
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Norwegian Wood - Murakami
Flowers In The Mirror - Li Ruzhen
Yes Please - Amy Poehler
Dark Matter - Blake Crouch
Beloved - Toni Morrison
Small Great Thing - Jodi Picoult
Super Sad True Love Story - Gary Shteyngart 
The Boy On The Bridge - M. R. Carey
Euphoria - Lily King
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote


B x

No comments:

Post a Comment